Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Saltos del Laja - Waterfall and end of our southern travels

After a week down south and a ton of adventures, it was time to return to Santiago. I didn't take nearly as many pictures on the way back as I did on the way down there. Part of the reason being that I did a lot more of the driving. One place where I did take a lot of pictures was at Saltos del Laja, waterfalls that we visited when we stopped for lunch.

This was the first picture I took of the falls. It was from the patio of the restaurant were we ate.
More pictures from the restaurant. This is a pretty nice view to have while your relaxing, chilling, feeling blessed to be on vacation, enjoying the warmth and the breeze, and eating.

This is the view from the road. We left the cars parked at the restaurant and we walked back over the bridge on our way to the path to falls.
Us.
More pics of the falls.

Immeadiately after the falls the river carved out two different steep paths, this is where they join back together.
Anbody feel like rafting here? :-)

At this point you could feel a mist equivalent to a really fine spray bottle. We didnt' feel inclined to get any closer than this at the base, as we were seeing numerous people coming our way completely drenched in their regular clothing. So we decided to take the path to the top.
From the top we could see a pool were people go swimming. If we had more time, I would have definitely got in here.
A couple more pics of the falls from above.

3 comments:

ami said...

Gorgeous falls...really special pics!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! We just finished reading and seeing all posts!
You seem to be having an incredible adventure! Thanks for sharing it with us!

We will keep visiting!

Besitos!

Anonymous said...

Hari! I do really really like your t-shirt, can i ask you one for me ...please!! I´ll pay you at solstice.. lol
I like the red color :-)

mas besitos!