Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Caburga - Canoeing

After visiting the water falls and Laguna Azul we drove into the small town of Caburga. This is where the president of Chile, Michelle Bachelet, was vacationing. The nice thing about this town, besides the fact that it's small and therefore less crowded with tourists, is that it has it's own lake.

A view of the one main commercial street in Caburga. This photo shows half of the main street, you could walk it's whole length in a short period of time. It is really quite quaint with flowers planted in the median.

A couple of views of lake Caburga.

The "beach" was pretty empty that day, probably because it was cold in the morning. There was nobody there to go on tours of the lake. There are some rich houses at the base of the mountain featured in this photo, someone suggested that this is where the president was.
Without many people taking tours of the lake that day it was nice and empty. A perfect time for us to rent kayaks.
They view was beautiful and the sky was alternating between cloudy and sunny. I had a ton of sun screen on but I get the feeling I probably didn't need it that day.

Sita and Jorge having fun kayaking.
We ran out of memory while out on the lake, so I was going through pictures I took of the way down to puson and deleting some so I could take more pictures on the lake. I had to get a picture of Sita on the lake with the volcano in the background. Click on this photo to be able to see the volcano in the background, the peak is covered by clouds unfortunately.
Sita loves this photo of me on the lake, because it shows the vast expanse of the lake and the beautiful surroundings.

1 comment:

ami said...

the lake shot of you is superb...I want a framed pic of that one. another spectacular adventure!