Saturday, February 10, 2007

First Stop – Home Base

Our home base in Chile is at Sita’s parents’ home in Peñalolen, a suburb of Santiago.

Below is a picture I took from the car at the beginning of the neighborhood. We were waiting to turn left before making a right into the gated community.

This is the front of the house with Jorge (Sita’s younger brother standing in front)

A few more pictures of the house and the neighborhood.


The following picture illustrates one of the reasons why I could never live in a city. The front yard is beautiful, but it’s way too small. I took this picture from our second story bedroom.

If I had to live in a city … this sounds eerily familiar especially if you follow the blog of a close relative. Anyway, if I had to live in a city, I’d prefer one with a view of mountains. You do get a good view of the mountains from our home base.

One of the last vineyards within Santiago and it’s slated to become suburbia soon.

2 comments:

ami said...

cool, cool, cool...I feel like I'm on your trip with you. Can't wait to see pics from the volcano area and the rest of your places that you're going! Nice pics from the plane also. And Jorge looks good too. Tell him hi for us and the parents too...give them all big hugs, okay? Send some pics also of your almond farm land okay?! It's great that you have this blog...keep the pics a'comin'!!! Love, Mataji

Anand Bolna said...

wow! Hari Sita! que emoción!!!! disfruten disfruten disfruten!!! los amo... deesta forma me siento cercana a ustedes...los amo los amo los amo...