Saturday, November 24, 2007

Lunch Stop - The Most Active Volcano in South America

At lunchtime on our second day in Bolivia we stopped at the base of the most active volcano in South America. It is the border of Chile and Bolivia. You may remember from an earlier post that we climbed the second most active volcano in South America. It's funny how things work out, seeing the two most active in Volcanoes in South America on the same trip, especially since they're so far apart.

Follow the left side of this volcano up until it makes a slight peak and you'll see the smoke coming out of this volcano.

The venue of the lunch stop also provided some interesting rock formations to explore and climb.


We must have dropped in elevation a bit at this point, because this was the first place that I didn't have to use my jacket all day. Actually I remember the sun getting pretty intense here prompting us to put on sun screen.

I asked Sita to take a picture where it would look like I had the smoke shooting out of my head. I wanted to have an accompanying angry face to make it look like I was "steaming mad", but I couldn't suppress the reflex to smile in front of a camera.

No comments: