Saturday, November 24, 2007

Laguna Hedionda

Laguna Hedionda the "Stinky Lake" and they weren't kidding. It really wasn't that bad, but the closer you go to the lake the less pleasant it was. It was just so beautiful as was all the other lakes that the smell was easy to forget quickly.

I took a picture of the signs, to prove that this is indeed named the "Stinky Lake" and because I'd already forgotten the name of the last lake, at this point, and I was determined not to forget the name of this one. Also the English sign is funny. "Please use the bathroom." Since they charged for the toilets, I couldn't be sure if this was a plea not to go in nature, a suggestion to go while you have the chance or a sales pitch.

I think whatever was causing this yellow hue on the banks was what was causing the smell.




Sita standing out on a salt flat... We had no idea how much more salt we were going to encounter soon.
A flamenco egg. I thought myself to be quite lucky to find this, indeed no one else spotted one of these. I think this egg was abandoned, or inviable.
More flamenco tracks.
At this lake I was determined to see how close I could get to the flamencos to capture their pictures the next few photos represent my attempts.





After getting fairly close and capturing the above photo I attempted to move in more and subsequently caused the pink-feathered friend to fly away.

No comments: