Thursday, November 22, 2007

Hot Springs

The next stop we made were at some hot springs. I was beginning to get the sense that I was under dressed in the shorts and T-shirt when we got out at this stop and it was cold and windy. But Sita and I were about to be less dressed as we entered the hot springs. This site was just so beautiful, peaceful and enjoyable.

The stream that flows out of the pool.

Sita enjoying the pool.
The surrounding incredible landscape with a flamenco in the middle.

This facility was much nicer than the Bolivian border facility it even had a couple of photovoltaic (solar) panels for electricity. You can see we met up with a lot of other groups at this point.
I think future construction was planned here as evidenced by this truck and the adobe bricks. I guess without much likelihood of rain they don't worry about covering these bricks.
After being surprised to see the truck pictured above, we saw this semi barreling down the road. It was odd to realize that this same road that brings you to so much beauty on your tour could also be a commute or transit route for others.

Having already got many blog posts up while we were in South America I anticipated being able to continue to get more up, so I took this picture with one caption in mind. Which I will share with you anyway. "Wish you were here..."



No comments: