Thursday, November 22, 2007

Dali Desert

This area is called the Dali desert after Salvador Dali, I guess the landscape reminded someone of his artwork.
The colors present in these mountains were amazing.



I thought it would be cool if Sita took a picture of me alone in the middle of the desert. I jogged out only a hundred yards or so but I was out of breath by the time I got there because of the altitude.

Zoomed in.
This was a big surprise for us to see. Just when you think you're in the middle of no where, the only traffic you encounter is doing road maintenance. For some reason we were behind this guy for like ten minutes moving very slow before the road finally widened enough for our driver to feel safe passing. In many of the other places people just make their own lanes driving anywhere they want, but I suppose one of the reasons the road is maintained here, is perhaps it's too sandy to go off the road.

No comments: